The Gradus Programme
Gradus has been developed to inspire and prepare students for entry to and study at the most competitive universities. Many students will join our Sixth Form with the stated aim of applying to Oxford or Cambridge, Russell Group universities, medical, veterinary or law schools. These institutions demand the highest academic achievement with a range of experiences to evince a student's passion for their chosen area of study.
For all of these students, Gradus is a series of steps created to nurture and guide our gifted and talented students through their Sixth Form experience.
All students whose GCSE results indicate they have the potential will be invited to join Gradus early in Year 12 and can expect us to provide:
- access to local and national masterclasses and Summer schools, with expert visiting speakers.
- academic teaching from staff who have studied at these universities, many of whom have gained Masters and/or Doctorates, who will also provide support for academic extension and enrichment.
- guidance through interactive monthly Gradus tutorials, when students explore how to further develop their portfolio of experience and subject extension.
- one-to-one support from our Higher Education Consultant and specialist academic/admissions staff, who coach students through the application and interview processes, including pre-application tests.
- an enrichment programme to stimulate and develop our students' understanding of world affairs, broadening their horizons and developing their confidence for the competitive application process.
- bespoke tutorship for the Extended Project Qualification, recognised by Oxford, Cambridge and the most competitive universities, which offers students the opportunity to evidence their critical thinking, research skills and extended knowledge in their area of interest.
Beyond the highest level of academic achievement, these universities will test a student's ability to think laterally and logically. Students joining Gradus are expected to engage with all of the above as motivated, enquiring and hardworking young adults, playing a full part in the life of our Sixth Form.